Are you a carpenter or are you a hobbyist that is fascinated with wood? Then you sure would need the best router for your Kreg router table. This router that you will need to get will help to trim and cut your wood in accurate shape size. For this reason, you will need the best router to make your work easy for you.
For you to be able to cut your wood accurately on your kreg router table, you would need to place the router down and lock its base properly. The router can be a bit difficult to operate, and this might be dangerous especially if you are new to using routers because your inability to properly place the router could lead to you having an accident.
So, what you would need to do is to properly place your router so that it can make your work easy for you, and you would not be putting yourself in any danger. Routers play a very vital role when it comes to woodworking.
Through the years, carpenters have made use of routers to increase their production; and they have been able to get more pieces done by making use of the router.
If you are a carpenter that produces a ton of designs with just wood, you might be faced with a year long production, but if you are one that makes use of a router, then the production process will be seamless, and just like it is done in the machine, the design of the pieces will look exactly the same.
The kreg router is known for its work and time-saving characteristics. They are easy to use, and their cut and trim process is precise, and they give your work a touch of professionalism.
If you are a professional carpenter, you would need to get a router so as to get the best out of your work. And just getting any router is not going to be helpful, what will be helpful would be you getting the best router.
If you happen to go into the market to pick the wrong router, then you would make lots of mistakes when using it, probably even causing you more than the necessary problems you should face without it, and inevitable leading to regrets. So, your decision-making is quite important.
You would need to thoroughly inspect all the features of the router before you make any buying commitment.
Below are the best routers for your kreg router Table. They have been picked from the many models that are available on the market, and we hope that this will help guide you in your decision-making process.
Best Router For Kreg Router Table Review
Porter Cable Router 690LR – Best Router For your Kreg Router Table
Its Key features include:
- It has a weight of 9.4 pounds.
- Its dimension is 10 x 10 x 8 inches
- 120 Volts
- It has a 3-year limited warranty.
- It comes with a micrometer depth adjustor that is accurate to 1/128 inches
- 11 Amp motor producing 1-3/4 peak horsepower.
- 27,500 RPM (Revolutions per minute) single-speed motor.
- Powerful motor: If you do not have any experience in the purchasing of routers, then you should take a good look at the features of the Porter Cable router and purchase it for its very effective and powerful cut. Its 11 Amp motor that produces a 1 – ¾ horsepower helps to make your job quite fast and easy. When you make use of this tool, it works at a speed of 27,500 RPM in a single speed motor that makes your cuts all precise and easy. There is a quick fix base motor release that allows the movement of the motor between the plunge and the d-handle bases.
- Ease and Comfortability: There are two ergonomic handles that are strategically placed to make the use of the router both easy and comfortable. Its molded soft grips help to keep your hands and wrist comfortable even when you work for hours on end. We tried using this router on a Kreg router table and it was fantastic.
- Durability: Whether you are a professional woodworker or a hobbyist, you sure need a tool that will last you a long time, and this is one that is sure to do that. This router has a precision machined aluminum motor housing and base.
- Collect Capacity: Its collets accept ¼ inch and ½ inch shank bits. The collet system also has an auto release for an easy bit removal.
- Cam Lock Lever: The Kreg’s router table can lock down this router when you have any work to do. If you want steady performance without any hitch, you would need a camlock lever that enables you to adjust the height.
- Dust Sealed Component: This goes without saying, you would need to keep the router clean on a daily basis, or well, after use. The dust sealed component is used for collecting dust and for keeping the machine clean, increasing its power and durability. The dust sealed switch and sealed ball bearing construction protect the machine against wear and tear both in the shop or in a busy carpentry.
DEWALT DWP611PK – Router For Kreg Router Table
Its key features:
- It weighs 8 pounds.
- It has a dimension of 7 x 10.2 x 19.2 inches.
- 120 volts.
- It has a horsepower of 1.25.
- It comes with a speed range of 16,000 to 27,000 RPM.
- Its depth travel and standard base is 1.5 inch.
- 2-inch with a plunge base.
- 1/64-inch controlled bit depth changes.
Easy for Wood Crafting: This is on the list of the best routers you can get for your Kreg router table because it has been tried and has been found to be worthy. It has advanced features that make it a versatile tool that aim to fulfill all professional demands. It comes with a micro-fine depth adjustment ring that comfortably cuts the wood accurately.
Power Speed: This machine gives you a power speed of about 8,000 – 24,000 RPM and a 12 Amp motor. When it comes to its cutting time, you wouldn’t need to use any extra efforts, and this is made possible because of its powerful motor. It gives you an extra smooth job when with hardwood and in tough situations.
Price: This great tool comes with great features that you can get at a relatively cheap price, and these features you will also find in other expensive models.
Adjustable: Because of its camlock feature, this machine can be adjusted easily. Its detachable cord makes its even more versatile, enabling you to work seamlessly on your kreg router table.
Soft Grip Handle: One of the highlights of this router is its rubber handles. Its soft grip handles provide stability during your work. It has a well-balanced body for the increase of control power, helping you to do your work well.
Dust Sealed: Another great feature of this machine is the switch and cord set configuration, allowing you to have the switch in your right hand or your left hand. And its dust sealed is great for durability.
BOSCH 1617EVSPK Combination Horsepower – Router For Kreg Router Table
- It has a weight of 18.2 pounds.
- It has a dimension of 6.2 x 19.5 x 14.5 inches
- 120 volts
- It has a speed range of 8,000 – 25,000 RPM
- 25 HP 12 Amp motor
- ¼ inches, 3/8 inches, ½ inches self-releasing collet capacity.
- It has a sub-base opening of 2 inches and 8 millimeters
- Its base diameter is 6 inches fixed, 6 – 11/16 inches plunge
- 10 ft cord
Variable Speed: If you are in search of a router with a soft start and variable speed that can work accurately on your kreg router table, then you should consider getting this one. It has 12 Amp motor speed, with a speed range of 8,000 – 25,000 RPM that perfectly cuts through tough wood, giving you no exhaust feel. Its variable speed allows you to set the optimal speed for the routing and the materials.
Durability: This is a very popular router for kreg router tables among customers. The plunge fixed and base router by Bosch is quite durable. Both its motor housing and bases are made of aluminum, making this machine durable and, also creating some form of robustness.
Quick Clamp System and Fixed Base Handle: This is one of the most vital part of this router. Its quick clamp system and fixed base handle are made of wood, and their soft grip handles are made on a plunge base. The handles make it easy for you to cut through wood, saving your hand from extra stress, and making you feel very comfortable. The powerful and easy handle router gives you a clean and exact cut of your hardwood.
Base: Although this router has a very basic look, it is very versatile. Its base is interchangeable which makes it a bonus feature. The router bit set gives both the fixed routing and the plunge routing. The microfine bit depth adjustment system of both bases give an accurate and fast bit depth adjustment.
Portability: Its wide base opening and its 2 inches sub base opening provides a better visibility. Its right and left switches are attached to the router and the dust sealed power switch.
Microfine Depth Adjustment: The microfine depth adjustment that can be found on both bases allow you to have exact cuts and fast bits depth adjustments.
PORTER-CABLE Fixed Base – Router For Kreg Router Table
- It weighs 14.5 pounds
- 120 volts
- It has a dimension of 13.5 x 11.2 x 9.5 inches.
- 25 HP
- Its has a 15 Amp electric motor.
Speed Motor: It has five router speeds: 10,000, 13,000, 16,000, 19,000, and 21,000 RPM, with a 15 amp electric motor that helps you to do a variety of jobs. Once you have this router, you will be able to carry out all your difficult routing work, giving you a smooth and fine finish. You have different settings you can choose from, ranging from 10,000 RPM to 21,000 RPM, allowing you to do different kinds of work.
Soft Start Motor and Auto Release Collet System: This router has a soft start system that helps you to both adjust and control once you start, also helping you maintain a selected speed under any load. The auto release collet system helps you to save valuable time and helps make your work streamlined. You will be able to easily remove the bits once you are done working.
Durability: One of the major features of this router is its durability. Its switch is dust sealed therefore protecting it from dirt. The dust sealed switch and sealed ball bearing configuration heightens this tool’s durability. This tool is made of aluminum, protecting it from damage, and the base is able to withstand tough jobs around the job site.
Handle: Its heavy, large integrated cast side helps to increase durability. Its handles gives you stability when working on a tough project, aiding precision and preventing wear and tear on the machine.