Last Updated on
Concrete saws are important tool for a building site. It does not matter whether you are renovating an entire building, or you are extending it, or demolishing it, you cannot do so much without having a concrete saw.
Making use of a concrete saw is not as straightforward or as easy as your having a hand saw. The concrete saw is a more specialized tool that would require enough knowledge and training.
In this article, we will be giving you a few ways that would help you improve your knowledge of working with a concrete saw.
- Examine the worksite for spots where you might choose to place the concrete saw. You should know if there are steels reinforcing bars in the concrete to be cut, what size it is, where it is located, and just how the rebar removal will affect the stability of the structure.
- Check if there are gas, water, and electrical lines in the area that is selected for cutting. If plumbing, cables, and other plumbing are present, you should make sure that they have been disconnected from the mains.
- Unless the project you are working on is a small one, then you should always have a spare concrete saw in good working condition. This should also be applied to the blades. You sure do not want to waste time because of work stoppage if you have enough standby units.
- If you know that you are not the only one working with a concrete saw, make sure that the other operators are trained well. You should prevent both deadly and expensive mistakes by instructing different people on safe and appropriate concrete saw use. Concrete saws and their blades are usually quite expensive and if you make a little mistake, just a little, you can render your concrete saw useless.
- Make sure that you have several blades and chains on hand. One blade cannot do all the work, and this means that you will need to have a selection of blades that will do the kind of job you are doing.